These no-bake Almond Butter Truffles are a hit with kids but sophisticated enough for grown up palates, too. Love that the only equipment you need is a hand mixer and a microwave, so you don’t need to be a pastry chef to play one in real life. Enjoy!
Thanks to Katina Moutanos, the founder of Kosterina, a high-quality line of olive oil, vinegar, chocolate and more, for sharing.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 – 2.1oz. Kosterina Almond Butter & Vanilla Dark Chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
- 3-4 tbsp. milk of your choice
- 1 ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Using a hand mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Gently combine flour and Kosterina chocolate pieces in a small bowl. Fold the dry mixture into the butter and sugar, gradually adding milk as needed (the consistency should be similar to cookie dough).
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon (the truffles should be about 1”-1½” in diameter), create evenly sized balls of dough and roll to smooth.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth, in either a double-boiler or microwave, stirring constantly.
- Remove truffles from freezer and dip into melted chocolate to coat. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and set on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set, use the extra melted chocolate to drizzle over the truffles.
- Garnish with chopped almonds or sea salt.